- CRAZY, that’s who I had to deal with on my flight from Los Angeles to New York last Thursday. And that’s crazy with a capital C. If you’re a flight attendant, you know exactly what I’m talking about. There’s always one in the bunch. Confused? Read all about it on GALLEY GOSSIP.
Apparently I’m not the only dealing with crazy on the plane…
- A flight attendant is suing J-Lo after J-Lo’s crazy dog bit her on the leg, causing her to take a crazy fall, which has resulted in a crazy sounding lawsuit. Man, I wish a celebrity dog would bite me!
- US Airways flight attendants charge passengers a fee for an in-flight beverage. Okay, now that’s crazy! And I feel more sorry for the flight attendants than I do the passengers. Trust me when I tell you it’s not easy having to tell passengers that the water and soda cost $2. Coffee, oh that’s just $1.
- And what about the Israeli flight to Bulgaria where the crazy passenger tried to open the emergency exit in flight because he thought it was the bathroom door, which resulted in an arrest, which then resulted in a crazy beat down with bats by the police. I kid you not, I could not make this stuff up if I tried. Trust me, I’ve tried.
- Of course I’m sure you’ve already heard about the autistic child who got kicked off the flight because an evil flight attendant upset him by trying to tighten his seat belt. It’s an unfortunate situation, and I’m sure the mother and child were very upset, but I’m sorry, I have a hard time believing the flight attendant is the only one to blame here.
- Last, but not least, there’s the “million-miler” passenger who won’t ever travel on American Airlines again because on his flight from Buenos Aires the flight attendant would only speak English to the passenger who obviously didn’t speak English.
I ask you, has everyone gone crazy?